Frequently Asked Questions
gammaCore is available in multiple countries across the globe. If you’re interested in gammaCore and don’t have an address based in the UK, please contact our customer service team at customerserviceEU@electrocore.com and they will be able to provide advice on how to obtain gammaCore specific to your location.
Response varies from person to person, but our clinical studies show users can experience pain relief in as little as 30 minutes and almost half of gammaCore patients experienced pain relief 2 hours post-treatment. Further advice on this can be given during your training with a member of our gammaCore support team.
To give yourself the best chance of success, we recommend that you use gammaCore on a daily basis and finish the entire course of therapy.
The most commonly reported side effects (occurring in less than 2% of users) present during the act of stimulating the vagus nerve with gammaCore and resolve immediately after the stimulation is complete. These include but are not limited to:
- Application site discomfort, irritation and redness
- Local pain, face/head/neck area (including toothache)
- Muscle twitching and/or contractions
- Tingling, pricking, or a feeling of “pins and needles” on the skin where the device is applied.
If you are experiencing any pain, muscle soreness or discomfort then you may be using the device incorrectly. As part of your training, or any time after, a member of our gammaCore support team will aid you in making sure you are using the gammaCore device correctly.
Any further questions about side effects can be answered during your training with a member of our gammaCore support team.
Upon purchase of the gammaCore device, a member of our gammaCore support team will reach out to you and offer individualised training and provide comprehensive care and support.
We recommend that all users should take advantage of the training call to increase chances of successful treatment.
No. If you are experiencing any pain, muscle soreness or discomfort then you may be using the device incorrectly. As part of your training, or any time after, a member of our gammaCore support team will aid you in making sure you are using the gammaCore device correctly.
Yes, you can only use gammaCore on your neck as shown in the training video and in the Instructions For Use booklet. gammaCore will not work if used on another site location. Full training on how to use gammaCore correctly will be provided by a member of our gammaCore support team.
gammaCore cannot be used by people who:
- Have an active implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker, hearing aid implant, or any implanted electronic device
- Patients with a metallic device such as a stent, bone plate or bone screw implanted at or near their neck
- Are using another device at the same time (e.g., TENS Unit, muscle stimulator) or any portable electronic device (e.g., mobile phone)
Safety and efficacy of gammaCore have not been evaluated in the following patients and therefore use cannot be recommended in:
- Patients with uncontrolled hypertension, hypotension, bradycardia, or tachycardia
- Patients with a history of baseline cardiac disease or atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, including congestive heart failure, known severe coronary artery disease, or recent myocardial infarction (within 5 years)
- Patients with a history of abnormal baseline ECG, prolonged QT interval or arrhythmia
- Patients who have had surgery to cut the vagus nerve in the neck (cervical vagotomy)
- Paediatric patients
- Pregnant women
- Patients with active cancer or cancer in remission
- Patients with an abnormal cervical anatomy
- Patients with a history of brain tumour, aneurysm, bleed or head trauma
- Patients with a history of syncope or seizures
Yes, gammaCore is safe to use with any other prescribed or over-the-counter medication.
You may cancel, pause or change your subscription at any time via the “My Account” page and by clicking on the “My Subscription” button.
No. You are required to complete the assessment questionnaire before your first supply of gammaCore and then after a further 24 months. If there are any changes in your medical status, please notify us at customerserviceUK@electrocore.com so that your authorisation can be reviewed. You are otherwise required to confirm there have been no changes to your medical status prior to any purchase and you will have the opportunity to review your previously submitted responses.
gammaCore devices are single-patient use only and therefore once purchased become the property of the purchaser. The internal lithium battery life of the device is 3 years from first use and so subsequent courses of therapy are purchased and loaded onto the device by electronic transfer. If however a gammaCore device is faulty (indicated by an error code) or you choose to stop using gammaCore please contact us via email@example.com and we can arrange a return service for you.
Yes, it is safe to travel with gammaCore. gammaCore contains a lithium battery, we recommend storing gammaCore in your carry-on luggage to assure it is not exposed to extreme temperature changes.
Further information on this can be provided during your training session with a member of the gammaCore support team.